Entertainment in Vilnius
In Vilnius you can find plenty of possibilities to entertain. The cultural life of Vilnius is very intensive and diverse. There are 8 theatres, 5 concert halls and 3 cinema theatres in the city.
You can get information about the actual cultural events from magazine Vilnius in Your Pocket (available in hotels, newsstands and tourist offices).
- Congress Palace
- Ledo rűmai (Ice Arena)
- Lithuanian National Philharmonic Hall
- Siemens Arena
- Vilnius Town Hall
- St. Catherine's Church
- Didysis Vilniaus teatras (Vilnius Great Theatre)
- Jaunimo teatras (State Youth Theatre)
- Lithuanian National Drama Theatre
- Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theatre
- Russian Drama Theatre of Lithuania
- Oskaras Kordnovas Theatre
- Valstybinis Vilniaus maţasis teatras (The State Small Theatre of Vilnius)
- Coca-Cola Plaza
- Forum Cinemas Akropolis
- Prospekto PUB
- Galaxy (Forum Palace)
The European cuisine and Lithuanian dishes are served in most restaurants, but you can choose also Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Georgian, French, Scandinavian, Polish, Mexican, Czech, Indian, Greek, German, Spanish, kosher or vegetarian cuisine.
National specialities are
kilandis (smoked meat), alti barsciai (cold soup), cepelinai (made from grated potatoes with a minced meat filling),Vedarai (potato sausage) and bulviniai blynai (potato pancakes), smoked eel is a famous Baltic delicacy, Mild white curd cheese served with honey.
National drinks are
Lithuanian beer or gira, Midus (mild alcoholic beverage made from honey).